Europe’s Trade Strategy for the Age of Geoeconomic Globalisation
A new eBook by Christian Bluth, ‘Europe’s Trade Strategy for the Age of Geoeconomic Globalisation’, forecasts the political and non-political megatrends that will shape the world for the next two decades and maps out a comprehensive strategy for EU trade policymaking to address and manage these shifting challenges of the future.
Perspectives on the Soft Power of EU
Perspectives on the Soft Power of EU Trade Policy | Edited by S. Bilal and B. Hoekman | voxEU.org | July 2019
- Introduction: EU trade and external policy in troubled waters
S. Bilal and B. Hoekman
- Chapter 1: EU trade policy and non-trade objectives: The RESPECT survey
M. Fiorini, B. Hoekman, N. Ralaison and A. Yildirim
- Chapter 2: Trade policy: Is there a way back to global governance? A European view
- Chapter 3: The EU and world regions: Multilateralism, bilateralism, and commercial realism
- Chapter 4: What future for EU trade policy and free trade agreements?
- Chapter 5: EU economic diplomacy: Enhancing the impact and coherence of the EU’s external actions in the economic sphere
- Chapter 6: A personal history of EU trade policy
- Chapter 7: EU trade policy and services: The perspective from the private sector
- Chapter 8: Differentiation and soft power as a means of promoting a balanced rules-based trading system: The case of public procurement
- Chapter 9: The EU trade policy on geographical indications and the missing link with development
S. Inama and P. Crivelli
- Chapter 10: Science and innovation and EU trade policy: Bridging a conceptual and policy gap
- Chapter 11: The EU as a trade and development partner to the ACP: Some initial reflections
- Chapter 12: Regional integration in Africa: Need for a paradigm shift?
- Chapter 13: Africa–EU Post-2020 trade regimes: Welcome to the past and back to the future
- Chapter 14: Towards rethinking the Economic Partnership Agreements
D. Luke and H. Suominen
- Chapter 15: Strengthening EU soft power by better engaging with Africa
- Chapter 16: Economic Partnership Agreements as central pillar of a Comprehensive Africa-Europe Alliance
- Chapter 17: Limits to soft power in the Economic Partnership Agreements
- Chapter 18: Lessons from TTIP Toxicity for EU-US Trade Talks
- Chapter 19: Improving the enforcement of labour standards in the EU’s free trade agreements
M. Bronckers and G. Gruni
- Chapter 20: EU trade and development policies: How has Fair Trade been used as a tool to achieve sustainability for people and planet?
A. Sinigaglia and S. Corbalán
- Chapter 21: EU trade and development policy in Asia: Promoting core EU values
M. Bungenberg and A. Hazarika